Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Invasion of the Body Snatchers

So I came home tonight after taking Gwen to her art class and I found Raven in the kitchen loading the dishwasher. Not sticking them in the sink like they normally do (if I'm lucky) but actually in the dishwasher. Then I realize she's not just loading a dish, she loading all the dishes! *shock* I asked her if her Dad had asked her to do that and she said no she just wanted to. Ummmm....okay. I gave her a hug and said thank you that is really nice of you. *smile* Then she said "look in the cupboards". I opened them up and I couldn't believe it. She had put away the whole load of clean ones too!

Then she cleaned out the sink and wiped down the kitchen table. I gave her another hug and told her I really appreciated her help and gave her a dollar (the girls can earn allowance if they do extra chores). Still in amazement that no one asked her to clean but that she had just decided to do it all on her own I sat down on the couch to unwind and watch tv. Then I watched in utter amazement as she opened up the livingroom closet, pulled everything out, and started cleaning it and organizing the it! I told her you know you don't have to do that and she said "no I want to". Well....okay. *smile* Then she disappeared for awhile (I thought she was in her room playing) and when I went in my bedroom to fetch Miss Ella a nightgown I found she had made my bed.

Not that I'm complaining or anything, but seriously who are you and what have you done with my child? lol. ;)

3 comments:

South Dakota Mom said...

Hmmm...I wonder if the mutant pod people could visit my 9 year old, and then maybe she could have a clean room. lol

Daisymomto4 said...

Yeah I'm hoping it's infectous, Gwen could use a little boost to get her cleaning something for a change, lol.

~Kristina~ said...

Madelyne is a born cleaner. Lord knows that bug didnt bite me till it had to. Raven is a little virgo, and they say we are good at that stuff. ITs so nice when they want to help!