Friday, September 26, 2008

Vintage Sewing Finds

I have been meaning to post these for awhile now but I keep forgetting to, so I figured better late than never, eh? I found these at my favorite little antique consignment shop. They were too cute to pass up and at 50 cents a piece (yes, you read that right...50 cents!!!) I had to grab them. *smile* I don't know if I'll actually use the actual patterns or not since I'm terrible at deciphering patterns but I LOVE the graphics and was thinking they would be great to color photocopy and then use them in some type of nifty decoupage project.

There were tons of adorable vintage buttons too, also super cheap (you gotta love a deal!). The buttons I will probably use on some more dresses for Miss Ella. I also found some great vintage transfer sheets for embroidery. Since they are so old I'm not sure if they would still work (anyone know?) but I figure if all else fails I can just copy them and use them. I have a bunch of plain white pillowcases I thrifted awhile back that the pillowcase ones would work great on.

There is an adorable apron transfer sheet. I don't have any aprons that it would look perfect on yet so I plan on attempting to make an apron from scratch to use it on, so we'll see how that goes. The only aprons I have ever made were Barbie sized ones for the girls' dolls, so I'm going to need a lot more fabric for myself lol. Who knows maybe I'll get wild and actually attempt to USE the apron PATTERN. Or maybe not. We'll see.

The infant/lingerie transfers (yes you read that right lol, infant/lingerie... because goodness knows every girl wants her hot little nightie to perfectly match baby's spit up bib). I think I will also use those on some of Miss Ella's dresses.

I can't wait for the weather to cool down. There is nothing I love more than doing something homey like embroidery or knitting projects in the fall and winter curled up on the couch underneath a warm, cozy quilt next to a nice cup of hot tea, and a plate of homemade cookies, needle(s) in hand, all warm and snugly while the cold wind whistles outside. *smile*








No comments: