Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Sound of Silence

It's 7:46 a.m. and amazingly everyone is still asleep (well besides me obviously, lol). The house is so quiet and ever so peaceful. The only sounds I hear are the birds singing softly outside my window, a tiny lone cricket chirping from the side yard, the soft gentle breeze of the ceiling fan, and our doves sweetly cooing their good morning to the rising sun from my studio at the back of the house.

All is still and calm and at rest. So glorious. It's a rare treat in our usually busy house full of active children and pets to have such a beautiful, peaceful moment as this.

I know there are a million things I should be doing now... laundry, cleaning, showering....and the list goes on.

But I think I will just sit here and relax and take 5 more minutes and enjoy the quiet. All I'm missing now is a cup of tea. *smile*



1 comment:

curransmama said...

I love those moments. I'm glad you had the chance to savor one.