Monday, March 21, 2011

Mindfulness & Finding Joy in the Everyday

Today I spent the day spring cleaning. :) With the weather so warm, so lovely, and so spring like it totally energized me. So I decided to give the kids a spring break day off from homeschooling, cranked up the radio, opened all the windows to let in the fresh air, and pulled out everything in the kitchen a drawer or a cupboard at a time and sorted, organized, purged, and cleaned, all the while singing at the top of my lungs praises to God and focusing on the ways I could bless my family with a clean (or at least cleaner....I still have a long way to go lol) house. :)

It felt so good. So cathartic. So healing and best of all we can actually find things and nothing falls out now when you open a cupboard. Bonus.


"If I am incapable of washing dishes joyfully, if I want to finish them quickly so I can go and have a cup of tea, then I will be incapable of drinking the tea joyfully."

-Thich Nhat Hanh

No comments: