Wednesday, November 19, 2008

One drawer at a time...

Sometimes I get so overwhelmed with cleaning (or maybe with life in general at times?). Where do you start when there are a million things on your "to do" list? I want to get the house in shape for the holidays. I'm always happier and more at peace when things are clean and pretty. Who doesn't? So I finally decided to just each day pick one room to concentrate on and one small section of that room to work on. So today I picked the kitchen. :)

It's pretty clean already but the drawers could definitely use some help since everything just gets shoved in there and even though we have tons of tupperware containers in there you can never find a lid to fit said container to save your life. So I figured it was time to re-organize them. I actually really enjoy organizing stuff (yes I know I'm a dork, lol) but it's hard to find the motivation at times. So I cleaned out and organized the silverware drawer, the tupperware/bento box drawer, the waterbottle/lunch thermos drawer, and my FAVORITE drawer (yes I actually have a favorite drawer...I told you I was a dork believe me now? lol) my bento accessory drawer. It's just so colorful and fun. I love making Gwen's lunches using all the fun little accessories. I don't know who likes it more me or her, probably both of us. :)

Now I can actually find what I am looking for and all the lids have containers to match! No more lid hunting. Woohoo!!

It looked so pretty I had to take a picture of it because I'm sure it will be a mess again in a couple weeks (...ok days) lol. At least now I will have proof that it was clean. Really. ;)

And of course, as usual, I had a little helper. *smile*


And who knew tupperware containers made such great ice skates? Well why Ella did! lol :)

No comments: