Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Strawberries, Chickens, and Moonflowers....oh my!

Let me just say my Dad is the greatest. I feel so blessed to have such a great Dad. :) Last week he took us strawberry picking. We had such a good time and picked a bucket full of sweet, juicy berries (and a cool-whip container full of strawberries that were devoured by little mouths on the ride home). We enjoyed fresh yummy strawberries and whipped cream and even made a delicious strawberry pie. Mmmmmmm. I so love strawberry season.






Then today my Dad called and surprised us. He had found us three bantam hens at the Amish auction he went to this afternoon. So now we have 3 new little hens! Yay for little fresh eggs again! My poor little chicken coop has been empty all winter and spring long...but no more! :)

Ella LOVES the new chickens, she cried when it started to rain and we had to go inside the house. I think she could sit there for hours poking little dandelions and blades of sweet grass into the coop and watching little beaks gobble them up.

This one the girls dubbed "Chocolate Chip" lol


This tiny little hen (who laid and egg already today...wohoo) Gwen named Daisy


and last but not least, meet Lady Daffodil *smile*


And to top off my evening when I looked out my window I noticed my German Moonflowers blooming for the first time this year.

Please excuse the crappy photo but there was not much light (obviously since they bloom at night lol)...but I just had to share it with you. :) Hope you have a lovely evening.

1 comment:

South Dakota Mom said...

Strawberries are my favorite! I love strawberry season. We are heading to the Strawberry Festival this weekend. How lucky you are to have such a cool Dad. I love Lady Daffodil's name. So cute. Looks like you are have a wonderful spring.
~K