Monday, January 5, 2009

Monday, Monday

One of my goals for 2009 is to cook more from scratch for my family. So this morning we had homemade waffles with ground flax seed, wheatgerm, fresh fruit and some chocolate chips thrown in there too for good measure. ;) Mmmmmmmm. :)

Another of my goals is to improve my gardens this year. I have been doing lots of research online and came across an interesting idea...winter seed sowing! I had never heard of it before but it sounds very intriguing, especially since we live in a small house and have limited room to start seedlings indoors. So I thought I would give it a try. As they say in gardening there are no mistakes only experiments to learn by. So why not give it a try?

So I dug some milk jugs, juice jugs, and even a few water bottles (I'm not sure if they are too small to work or not but thought I would give it a try since I actually had some on hand) out of the recycle bin and got to work. :)


Unfortunately I haven't placed my annual seed orders yet so I scoured the house to see what I could find to in way of seeds to plant lol. Luckily I came up with some pink columbine seeds my friend and fellow gardener Rebecca had given me over the summer.



I'm hoping it will work and anxious to find out in the spring whether I'll end up with anything or not. We will have to wait and see. One thing gardening definitely teaches you is patience. *smile*

"Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience."
— Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments: