Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Last day of vacation

Today is my last day of vacation. :( I have really enjoyed being able to spend the past week home with the girls and puttering around the house. Not looking fwd to going back... but you do what you have to do. Gotta make a living somehow. Boo.

So I decided to spend my last day making a fun surprise for the girls. :) I dug around the basement and found some old wood scraps, dug around my fabric bin and through some of the girls' outgrown clothes for cute fabrics and made some things (with a little help from dh - put him to work doing the sawing and nailing) for their Barbie doll house. I made them a little Barbie doll bed, pillows, a blanket and mattress, a little matching cushioned chair, a kitchen table, chairs, a few misc odds and ends and two adorable little Barbie aprons. :)

They turned out pretty well and the girls were SO excited when they came home from school! I had a lot of fun making stuff and the smiles on their faces really made my day. :)

No comments: