Sunday, November 14, 2010

Giving Thanks

This week we made a Tree of Thanks. :) I got the idea from FamilyFun online.



It was really easy and fun to make and a great way for everyone to express their gratitude for the many blessing in their lives. All you need is a tree branch, some paper to cut leaf shapes from, a hole puncher, some yarn or string, scissors, a pen, pencil or marker, and a base to hold your Thankful Tree (we used a milk glass vase, but you could also use a flower pot or jar).

Cut out leaf shapes from your paper and then have each family member write on their leaf (or leaves) what they are thankful for, then punch a hole in the top each leaf and hang from the tree using your yarn or string. We displayed our Tree of Thanks in our living room but it would also make a great table centerpiece for Thanksgiving.

I loved reading what my kids came up with to be thankful for in their lives for their leaves. Everytime I look at it it makes my heart happy and reminds me of how much we have to be thankful for. :)

Here is what they wrote (or in the case of Ella what she told me and I wrote for her):

Ella said she is thankful for her family, rainbows, flowers, and dogs
Gwen said she is thankful for her family, food, and her pets
Raven said she is thankful for family and banana splits
<3 :)

No comments: